IDP Smart 51L Dual Sided Printer with Dual Sided Laminator
Available now - direct replacement for the 50L which has now been discontinued.
If you need to print and laminate both sides of the card the Smart 51L delivers reliability, performance, ease of use and a real value for money that no other printer can match.
Features of the IDP Smart-51L ID Card Printer with Dual Sided Laminator
- Colour or monochrome, single or double-sided printing and laminating
- 300dpi edge to edge (near edge), dye-sublimation printing
- Instant direct heating lamination
- Printing and lamination speed: 22 sec per card (YMCK and single lamination)
- Print speed of 5 seconds per card for monochrome and 17 seconds for full colour (single sided)
- Secure UV printing capabilities
- 2 line LCD screen and LED buttons for manual operation
- Free Software - EasyBadge Lite (Normally £145)
- 100 card input hopper with lid closed, 200 card input hopper with lid open
- 40 card removable output hopper and 100 card reverse hopper upgrade
- Guarantee - 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Peace of mind - 5 year printer warranty (3 year print head warranty)
- Easy to use - easy set up, plug and play USB card printer
- Low running costs - from just 12p per full-colour print
- Versatile - can be upgraded to dual-sided printing at any time.
- Robust metal chassis
- Never run out of ribbons - low ribbon notification ensures you never run out of printer ribbon.
Upgrade options available:
- Ethernet Connection
- Magnetic Stripe Encoder
- Contact Smart Card Encoder: Internal - ISO 7816 (ID 1)
- Contactless Smart Card Encoder: Internal, 13.56Mhz - ISO 14443 (Type A/B), Mifare, Desfire, iClass
- Optional lockable hopper and ribbon to secure cards in the printer
- Kensington slot to secure the printer to a wall or table
About the IDP Smart 51L Double Sided ID Card Printer with Dual Sided Laminator
The IDP Smart-51L is a low cost, reliable and easy to use printer that is ideal for all kinds of card issuance including ID cards, access control cards, visitor passes, membership, loyalty and discount cards.
The plug and play set up is quick and intuitive so you can be printing your first cards within minutes, especially when using the free EasyBadge software.
Fast printing and low cost consumables ensure the IDP Smart 51L is economical to run with full colour cards costing around 12p each to print. The printer accepts a variety of card types including PVC, composite PVC and PET in standard credit card size with a thickness tolerance between 15mil to 40mil, including standard credit card thickness of 30 mil (760 micron).
IDP's FINE™ Imaging Technology gives high definition print quality ensuring bright colours and clear definition on skin tones for ID cards. Crisp edges also ensure that barcodes and fine line print can be easily read.
Ribbons are cost effective and easy to install. The auto ribbon search function prevents ribbon wastage and automatically detects the new ribbon, adjusting the settings automatically. The printer will also let you know when your ribbon is running low so you can ensure you order more before you run out.
The sleek design and quiet print cycle of the Smart 51L make it an ideal printer for a reception desk or office environment.
If security is a requirement for you, the Smart 51L can print an UV overlay, similar to that used on UK driving licences, on to your cards by using a special UV ribbon (YMCKFKO). This print is only visible under UV light and makes it much harder for cards to be counterfeited.
With a range of optional upgrades it's possible to add on to your printer if your future needs change to enable a range of encoding options including magstripe, contact and contactless MIFARE encoding.
The Smart printer's rigid metal interior body make them extremely durable printers and they also come with a full 5 year warranty (3 years for the print head) as standard so you can be sure you've made a sound investment by choosing IDP.
IDP Smart-51L ID Card Printer Features and Specifications
|Print area||Edge to edge|
|Print resolution||300 dots per inch|
|Dual sided printing & Lamination||Yes|
Over 200 cards per hour for colour (max 17 seconds per card)
Up to 720 cards per hour for monochrome (5 seconds per card)
Printing and lamination speed: 22 sec per card (YMCK and single lamination)
Automatic feed: 100 card input hopper with lid closed, 200 card input hopper with lid open.
40 card removable output hopper and optional upgrade to 100 card hopper.
|Compatible Card Dimensions||
ISO CR80 85.6mm x 54mm
SO CR79 (Factory installed upgrade)
Card thickness 0.38mm – 1.0mm / 15mil to 40mil
|Card encoding options||
Magnetic stripe encoding: HiCo and LoCo encoder ISO 7811 – tracks 1, 2 and 3
Smart card encoding: Contact chip (ISO7816 ID-1), MIFARE (ISO14443), DESFire and iClass.
|Printer Dimensions||165mm (w) x 675mm (l) x 210mm (h)|
|Weight||19.4lbs / 8.8kg|
|Printer interfaces||USB, Ethernet (option)|
|Supported Platforms||Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8/10/Mac OS/Linux|
|Power source||Free voltage (AC110-220V 50-60Hz)|
|Warranty||5 years for the printer, 3 years for the print head|
|Printer Manufacturer||IDP Smart|
|Print Technology||Laminator, Dye Sublimation|
|Printer Features||Double Sided, Magnetic Stripe Encoder, Contact Smart Card Encoder, Contactless Smart Card Encoder,|