On 25th October, ID Card Centre picked up a further three awards, this time at the 2018 Northamptonshire SME Business Awards in association with the Business Times.
In the running for three categories, the evening saw our Sales and Operations Executive, Andrew Glenn come Runner Up in the Apprentice of the Year, we also came runner up in High Growth Business of the Year and our Co-Director Nicola O’Brien got the amazing accolade of Business Woman of the Year.
On awarding Nicola with this title, the judges commented that it was her “great identification of a niche in the market combined with juggling family and work life” that stood out for them.
Whilst the exact details of Nicola’s award-winning entry remain a closely guarded secret, a few of the highlights include:
- Growing and developing niche services, such as short-term printer rentals and a secure recycling service for used ID Cards and printing consumables.
- Starting an Apprenticeship Scheme which has so far given 5 apprentices training and a career in their chosen field
- Being instrumental in Business growth through revenue, profitability and the team
- Implementing new technologies across the business to streamline business processes
- Donating time to charity by cooking for the homeless
“There are so many amazing businesses and business women in Northampton so it’s an incredible honour to have won this award. I do what I do because I love it. I love building and growing a customer service focused business and I thrive on watching our team grow. I firmly believe that hard work and determination can get you where you want to go but you often just need that ‘break’ in the first place. Our apprenticeship programme (and soon our ‘Back to Work’ programme – launching in 2019!) is designed to do just that – give people a springboard into their chosen career, in a great working environment with lots of great opportunities.
I’m really lucky in that I can balance work and family life and as tough as it can be to leave two little ones every day, the rewards are worth it and I hope I’m making them proud too!”
We’re all immensely proud of Nicola, Andrew and of course the whole team here.