Cartadis cPad Product Specifications:
Touch screen terminal for printer and copier release.
- High 7" full-colour touchscreen
- Intuitive PaperCut interface
- Compatible with most printers / multifunction printers (MFPs)
- Sturdy and easy to install
- Accessible via login and password on the virtual keyboard or by mag stripe or proximity card, including MIFARE® and HID
- Highly customisable with a personalised interface by the user
- Dimensions: 188mm (l) x 128mm (w) x 37mm (h)
- Weight: 540g
About the Cartadis cPad
The cPad terminal brings PaperCut tracking to virtually any printer or MFP, giving the same functionality as an embedded solution.
It features easy network connectivity with an inbuilt dual Ethernet hub as well as dual USB ports for connecting authentication card readers to allow swipe cards, proximity cards and barcode readers for quick and easy user identification.
The cPad features a touchscreen keyboard for searching and managing data, printing jobs, and user login when a card solution is not being used.
Two-factor authentication can be used for additional security by adding a PIN to card authentication.
The cPad is highly customisable and can be configured to control just the print release or for full control of the printer/copier.
Using the PaperCut software, consolidated management and reporting formats are readily available at the click of a button for all copies and prints across your entire fleet, including reports by device, by user-shared account (client, department, faculty), by location or by date and time period.
How does Follow Me / Find Me printing work?
Installing the cPad on the printing device locks the device until it has been authenticated by the user, either by manually logging in or by presenting a proximity or swipe card. When a user has logged in they will see a list of their print jobs and can either release them for printing or delete them as appropriate.
This prevents printing from accidentally being collected or viewed by the wrong person - ensuring the security and confidentiality of documents and saving time and money in reprinting 'lost' work.
Follow Me / Find Me printing also allows print jobs to be printed from any printer in the available list - allowing the user to always use the closest available printer.
Users are provided with real-time feedback on account balance and cost as the job proceeds, different types of copying can be charged at different rates to reflect print and paper type, and usage is reported live in the PaperCut log for viewing at any time.
What printers and devices are compatible with the cPad?
The cPad can be installed on most major brands of printers, multifunction printers and photocopiers on the market. It is also compatible with a wide range of card readers. To check compatibility, please get in touch.
What cards are compatible with the cPad?
- Compatible with proximity cards, including MIFARE® and HID via Elatec TWN3 and TWN4 readers
- Compatible with RFID via optional Cartadis TCM2 reader
- Compatible with RFID, barcode or magnetic ISO cards via optional Cartadis TCM3, TCMAG1-USB and TCBK01 readers
- It is possible to connect two separate cards readers simultaneously
It can be used with our cPad stands for a professional and secure display.