About The S-Key Biometric Access Control Card
Apply another level of security to your existing access control system with S-Key Biometric Access Control Cards.
With the S-Key Biometric card, you no longer need to upgrade your existing access control system to improve security. Instead, the card accepts and stores a fingerprint over the built-in scanner, and the technology encoded onto the card will only activate once the stored fingerprint has been recognised and then communicates with the reader to grant access.
Benefits of S-Key Biometric Cards:
- Compatibility: no need to replace or upgrade any hardware like readers, as S-Key cards are compatible with most NFC readers
- Increased security: add 2-factor authentication to secure areas
- Reduced risk of forgery: cards can only be used by the enrolled individual
- Scalable: can be used by groups of employees in certain areas of your premises or rolled out across your whole business
- No plastic wastage: no need to replace cards or batteries as energy is harvested from each reader’s radio waves
- Improved GDPR compliance: biometric data stored on the card instead of on a centralised system
If the card is lost or stolen, it cannot be used as the fingerprint will not be recognised. This reduces the risk of unauthorised access between the moment the card is lost and the time when the card is reported missing and deactivated.
S-Key Biometric cards are entirely GDPR compliant, as the biometric data is stored on the card instead of within a centralised management system. This means that the data cannot be recovered from any other location, and the card’s user carries their own data in their pocket at all times – so they know where it is stored and how it is being used at all times.
There is also reduced plastic wastage with S-Key cards, as the internal components are not powered by a battery. Instead, the cards harvest energy from the radio waves emitted from the reader it is being used against. This extends the lifespan of the card to the length of time that the user requires it, as it does not need to be replaced when the battery dies.
As S-Key cards can be used with most existing technology, there’s no need to upgrade all of your employees to S-Key cards. Instead, they can be used with groups of employees, for example, engineers who need access to data rooms or high-level management who have permission to enter certain areas of the premises.
This is a scalable solution that can be rolled out to any number of employees who require further security clearance on their accessible areas.
Card material: PVC
Card dimensions: 85.7 x 54.0 x 0.95mm
Operating frequency: 13.56 MHz
Supported protocols: NFC ISO 14443A
Testing range: 0 – 80mm
Single enrolment only
No external access to biometric data
· MIFARE® Classic EV1 (all sizes)
· MIFARE® DESFire EV1/2/3 (all sizes)
Other technology is available on request. Please contact us to find out more.
|ID Cards and Fobs|
|Card Types||Contactless,Smart Chip|
|Card Thickness||760 micron|
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 21-6005-MF